Welcome to the Our place story map. The story map is a visual navigator that allows you to view content from the Our place forum that has been tagged to a specific location within Australia.
The story map provides opportunities for teachers and students to investigate the stories of others around Australia, both contemporary and historical. Consider how you could use the map to enhance your exploration of My Place book and episodes from the television series:
- investigate Our place stories and profiles created by other students and discuss how these vary over time and place
- explore a range of related digital resources
- view teacher dialogue relating to location specific stories, resources and events
- invite your students to create an Our place story of a member of their family
- publish your students’ Our place stories in specific locations to be viewed by others.
To add your own unit of work or student stories to the 'Our place story map', visit the Our place forum and follow the instructions to add them as a location tagged post. The Moderator will review and add all location tagged content to the story map.
To explore the content on the story map, zoom in on the blue circles that represent two or more content markers. Alternatively select one of the red content markers to see what Our place stories are near you!